Introduction of Veda Vedanta Mission
Veda Vedanta Mission was born out of a deep realisation that the world in general and India in particular are passing through a very serious spiritual and cultural crises and all other social, political, economic and ecological problems confronting us are only manifestations and symptoms of the root cause and main disease i.e. severe erosion in the spiritual values in our day-to-day lives. Therefore, we can not get a lasting solution to the social, political, economic and ecological problems which have essentially been caused by spiritual paralysis of the mankind. So, if we really want to make this world a meaningful, peaceful and creative place, we have no option but to turn ourselves to the infinite reservoir of spiritual wisdom lying in the Vedas, Upanishads, Vedanta, Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
Aims and Objectives
VEDA VEDANTA MISSION is a spiritual, educational and cultural non-profit registered Charitable Trust located in New Delhi. Swami Sacchidananda Saraswati founded Veda Vedanta Mission with following Objectives:
- To promote, propagate and disseminate the spiritual message, transcendental teaching and divine knowledge of Vedas and Vedanta all over the world in order to enhance and advance the cause of a more humane World Order based on the eternal and universal Values of Truth, Justice, Compassion, Love, Sacrifice, Service, Non-violence, Inter-dependence, peaceful co-existence, communal harmony, inter-faith understanding, socio-economic equity, ecological security and universal brotherhood/sisterhood.
- To hold and organize lectures/discourses, workshops, seminars, conferences, camps and training programmes across the world on various Vedic and Vedantic texts and truths to disseminate their spiritual message and propagate their practical relevance in the day to day life of human beings.
- To conduct and promote research and study on the common spiritual messages/ teachings of all major religions of the world; and propagate the same for enhancing the cause of World Peace and ending the evils of war, violence, terrorism, hunger, deprivation, exploitation, corruption and ecological degradation.
- To establish, run, support and grant aid or other financial assistance to schools, colleges, libraries, reading rooms, universities, research and other institutions of the like nature for the development and advancement of spiritual and moral education and diffusion of Vedic knowledge amongst the public in general all over the world.
- To establish, maintain and run studentships, scholarships and render other kind of aid to students including supply of books, stipends, medals and other incentives to study Vedic literature, without any distinction as to caste, colour, race, creed or sex.
- To establish, maintain or grant aid for the establishment and /or maintenance of Yoga clubs, Meditation Centres, parks, gardens, gymnasiums, dharamshalas and rest houses, for use by public in general.
- To establish, maintain or grant aid to homes for the aged, orphanages or other establishments for the relief and help to the poor, needy and destitute people, orphans, widows and aged persons.
- To grant relief and assistance to the needy victims during natural calamities such as famine, earth quake, flood, fire etc. and to give donations and other assistance to institutions, establishments or persons engaged in such relief work.
- To undertake, promote and support protection of natural wealth and conservation of ecological resources such as rivers and other water bodies, forests, biodiversity hot-spots and agricultural land.
- To promote and support sustainable development, organic farming and sustainable agricultural practices.
- To grant aid or render assistance to other public charitable trusts and institutions.
- To provide for the relief of poor, education, medical relief and advancement of any other object of general public utility, environment and preservation of monuments not involving the carrying out of any activities for profit as the trustees may from time to time consider fit.
- To do any other thing which is incidental and conducive to the attainment of the above aims and objects or any one of them.